Want to get our newsletter in your inbox? Sign up!
LET’S TRY THAT AGAIN!
Sometimes Mother Nature is all sunshine and rainbows. And sometimes she unleashes a torrential downpour that soaks your salad and drowns your downward dog. That was the case a couple of weeks ago, when we had to postpone our extracurricular offerings. But the forecast this week is GLORIOUS, which means the FREE FUN IS ON! (Can we get an “AMEN?”?!?!) Head to the Medford Farmers Market, 3 to 7pm Thursday at the Condon Shell, for free yoga with Jenna of the Corner Studio at 5:30pm(!), the inaugural appearance of new vendor Pony Shack Cider(!!), and a free concert on the Condon Shell stage by blues-rocker Julie Rhodes at 6:30pm brought to you by the Chevalier Theatre(!!!). You know what to do: Come early, get your groceries and picnic supplies, bust out a warrior 2, reward those muscles with a massage, then snag a spot in the grass and settle in for some sweet tunes. Now that’s more like it!
Aaronap Cellars: What’s red, white, and rosé all over? Local wine!
Bagel Land: Fresh bagels, breads, brioche (oh, my)
Brigham Farm: Vibrant veggies, fragrant flowers, GYO seedlings
Deano’s Pasta: Or as we like to call it, “dinner in 5 minutes”
Freedom Food Farm: Beeeeef! (& pork, veg, flour, more)
NEW! Giacomo’s Gourmet Granola: Granola that’ll make you swoon
Good Roots Farm: Salad for days, the official dinner of summer
Henna Inspired: Turn yourself into living art, no tattoo required
Lanni Orchards: Baskets of bounty from your favorite fruit folks
Oat Shop: Oatmeal, treats, and iced coffee for that 5 p.m. slump
Peg’s Preserves: Because peach hot-pepper jam. Enough said.
NEW! Pony Shack Cider: A hard cider a day keeps the frowns away
NEW! Silvertree Center for Healing Arts: Magnificent mini-massages
Swissbakers: Where it’s always pretzel-sandwich p.m.
• Coming up next Thursday (8/10): Blues-rocker Julie Rhodes in the Shell!
- no illegal items
- no Rx drugs
- no weapons
- no broken items
- no dumping large items that should be picked up by Waste Mgmnt
- check out the list (at the table) of where to get rid of other big stuff.
PRODUCE IN A SNAP FOR SENIORS:
Talk about a popular senior: Our senior farm share, Produce in a SNAP for Seniors, is a hit! PLEASE NOTE: You must register in advance, and right now there’s a waiting list, but don’t despair! The list moves quickly. Here’s how to add your name:
• Stop by the managers table at the farmers market, 3–7 pm Thursdays at Condon Shell, and fill out an application.
• Or email our market manager, Caitlin.
• Seniors age 60 and over who live in Medford are eligible.
• For seniors who’ve received confirmation, pickup is 2:30–3:30 pm Tuesdays at Medford Housing Authority, Edgerly Hall, 121 Riverside Ave.
• Once enrolled, $5 a week gets you a bag of farm-fresh goodness from New Entry Sustainable Farming Project. Enjoy!
HECK, YEAH, WE MATCH EBT/SNAP BENEFITS!