Please be advised that on Monday, March 30, 2020, at 5:00 PM, there will be a Special School Committee Meeting held through remote participation.
Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §18, and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitations on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting of the Medford School Committee will be conducted via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Specific information and the general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found on the City of Medford website, at www.medfordma.org. For this meeting, members of the public who wish to listen or watch the meeting may do so by accessing the meeting link contained herein. No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on the City of Medford or Medford Community Media websites an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
The meeting can be viewed through Medford Community Media on Comcast Channel 22 and Verizon Channel 43 at 5:00 p.m.
Since the meeting will be held remotely, participants can log or call in by using the following link or call-in number:
(2). Telephone Information (choose any one of the following and then follow the prompts)
Enter this meeting ID when prompted: 693 388 503
Additionally, questions or comments can be submitted during the meeting by emailing email@example.com. Those submitting must include the following information:
1) Your first and last name
2) Your Medford street address
3) Your question or comment
While it is possible to submit questions via the Zoom software, we are strongly recommending that you use the email above while we gain familiarity with hosting our meetings online.
The agenda will be as follows:
1. To discuss the updated measures to help slow the spread of COVID-19 virus in the City of Medford and the Medford Public Schools.
2. To discuss how the Medford Public Schools are supporting academics for all our students including our Special Education and English Learners.
3. A financial update which shall include a review of wages
4. A recommendation to approve the cancellation of the middle school 8th grade New York City trip.
5. Schedule of meetings: Regular School Committee, Budget Committee of the Whole and discussion on future subcommittee meetings
Dr. Marice Edouard-Vincent, Superintendent of Schools
Source: Medford Public Schools, https://www.mps02155.org/2020/03/26/special-school-committee-meeting-monday-march-30-2020/